for accurate, continuous heart rate.
For best results, thoroughly moisten
the chest strap with water prior to workout.
Click here for a larger image
FT60 Heart Rate Monitor
Take your workout to the next level with the FT60 heart rate monitor. Its STAR Training Program creates a personalized weekly workout program for you to follow. It’s just like a personal trainer on your wrist coaching you toward your goals.
Get The Results You Want
You don’t always have to go faster or harder to get the best results – you just need to workout at the right heart rate intensity. The FT60 continuously displays your real-time heart rate during exercise. With this information you can gauge your intensity (slow down or speed up) to stay within your target zone and maximize your results. Now that’s smarter training.
Stick To Your Workout Plan
The STAR Training Program provides weekly workout programs with calorie burn, intensity and time targets. When you achieve your weekly goal, it rewards you with motivational badges. Over time it adapts to your progress and assigns new goals, optimizing your potential and keeping your routine fresh.
Accurate Calorie Burn
Lets you know exactly how many calories you’ve burned during any activity, even playing with children and swimming. Other motivational measurements include fat burn %, daily and weekly training summaries, and a Fitness Test to track your progress.
• Continuous accurate heart rate
• Average and maximum heart rate
• Manual target zone – bpm / %
• Polar STAR Training Program – creates a personalized fitness program that rewards you every time your weekly targets are reached
• Polar Fitness Test – tells you exactly how your fitness is developing
• Smart Calories – uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned and fat burn %
• Includes heart rate chest strap made of soft fabric material that adapts to your body shape. Requires and includes chest strap for accurate heart rate
• 100 training files (with summaries and totals)
• User replaceable battery
• Suitable for swimming (water resistant to 30m)
• Connects with compatible gym equipment using GymLink (5kHz coded transmission)
• Compatible with S1 foot pod and G1 GPS sensor for speed and distance (sold separately, not included)
• Time of day (12/24h) with alarm and snooze
• Connects to Polar’s free training site, polarpersonaltrainer.com, with the optional FlowLink® data transfer device (sold separately, not included)
In The Box
FT60 heart rate monitor
H1 heart rate sensor
FT60 Getting Started Guide
Easy to Use
1) Enter basic settings
2) Thoroughly moisten the H1 heart rate chest strap with water, snap on the transmitter and wrap around your chest
3) Start your workout. * Tip: it is best to stand away from others when starting the heart rate monitor.
4) To extend the battery life of your H1 chest strap transmitter be sure to detach the sensor from the chest strap and rinse after each use
H1 Heart Rate Chest Strap Sensor
Includes the comfortable H1 heart rate chest strap. The chest strap sensor (also called transmitter) streams continuous, accurate heart rate to the FT60 wrist unit.
• Soft fabric materials adapt to your body shape so you forget it’s even on
• Convenient side hook mechanism makes it quick to put on when you want to start training and easy to take off when you’re finished
• Coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk with other heart rate monitors
• Bring it to the gym. Its 5kHz coded transmission will show your heart rate on compatible gym equipment
• Hand washable
• User-replaceable battery
• Strap material: 38% Polyamide, 29% Polyurethane, 20% Elastane, 13% Polyester
*Tip: after each workout, detach H1 transmitter, rinse the strap with water and hang dry.
Click here for a larger image
Meet your goals with our training community
Join forces with other training fans just like you and get more out of your exercise. On polarpersonaltrainer.com, you can plan your workouts in advance, analyze your results, and share it all with your friends. Here you can also monitor your training load and avoid overtraining. Best of all, it’s completely free. To sync your FT60 heart rate monitor, you just need the optional FlowLink® accessory (sold separately, not included.)
Smarter Training Starts Here
Polar invented the world’s first heart rate monitor and pioneered the Smart Coaching training approach that delivers faster progress and better results. Each Polar product includes unique Smart Coaching features that listen to your heart and interpret the data for you so you can train smarter.
FT60 heart rate monitor Smart Coaching features:
Lets you know exactly how many calories you’ve burned.
STAR Training Program
Creates a personalized fitness program that rewards you every time your weekly targets are reached.
Tells you exactly how your fitness is developing in just five minutes. By regularly comparing your test results, you can track your progress and see how your fitness is improving.
Shows your training status on polarpersonaltrainer.com to prevent you from under or over training. (Requires FlowLink® accessory. Sold separately, not included.)
Guides you to train at the right intensity.
How Heart Rate Training Works
Click here for a larger image
When you train, you don’t always have to go faster or harder to get the best results. To reach your goals you just need to listen to your heart rate and train at the right intensity.
During training, there are specific intensity zones, each with a benefit. These zones are based on a percentage of your maximum heart rate- a number calculated by most Polar heart rate monitors. While training you can use your max heart rate to calculate and follow the recommended zones below. Training in the right zone will help you stay on track to reach your goals.
Zone 1 “Very Light” 50-60%: Improves overall health and helps recovery. Recommended for weight management and active recovery.
Zone 2 “Light” 60-70%: Improves basic endurance and fat burning. Recommended for everybody for longer and frequently repeated short exercises.
Zone 3 “Moderate” 70-80%: Improves aerobic fitness. Recommended for everybody for moderately long exercises.
Zone 4 “Hard” 80-90%: Increases maximum performance capacity. Recommended for everybody for shorter exercises.
Zone 5 “Maximum” 90-100%: Develops maximum performance and speed. Recommended for fit people and athletic training.
(Calculate your Maximum Heart Rate: 220 – Your Age= Maximum Heart Rate.)
H7 heart rate sensor Bluetooth® Smart
A combo heart rate sensor that provides real-time, accurate heart rate to your mobile training app, including Polar Beat. The H7 also connects to many Polar products as well as compatible gym equipment.
Transfers data between the FT60 and polarpersonaltrainer.com, our free online training diary. Mac and PC compatible.
S1 foot pod
Accurately measures your running speed/pace and distance. Robust, shock and water resistant to handle the most demanding of runs.
G1 GPS sensor
Provides speed/pace and distance measurement for outdoor sports.
|Continuous Heart Rate – BPM / %||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Water Resistant (will work in the water)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|High & Low Target HR Zone w/ Alarm||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OwnZone – personal heart rate zone||Yes|
|EnergyPointer – shows whether you’re working out in your fat burn zone or fitness improvement zone||Yes|
|Fat Burn %||Yes|
|Downloads to polarpersonaltrainer.com||Yes (w/Flowlink)
|STAR Training Program||Yes|
|Speed/Distance||Yes (w/S1 foot pod or G1 GPS sensor sold separately)|
Polar Customer Care
Purchasing a Polar product is only the start of your experience with us. We’ll be there to provide training advice and assistance and help you get the most out of your new product.